Upgrading the Firmware on a CDC I/O 3216
To update the CDC I/O 3216 you will need to connect it to a Windows PC via a USB cable.
But first, if you do not already have it installed, you will need to download and install the CDC I/O 3216 FPGA Loader App on to you PC before you can update the firmware on the stage box.
Below are the instructions on how to install the FPGA Loader on the PC:
- Download the the CDC I/O 3216 update package from the Cadac Ftp site
- Unzip IO3216 FPGA Loader App into a suitable folder on your PC
- To install the program CDC I/O 3216 FPGA Loader App double click on setup.exe in the folder.
- If you have Windows 10 you will need to follow the steps below inorder for the Drivers to be installed:
- Click over the START button (bottom left) and then click on the Power selection
- Hold down the Shift key on the keyboard and click on Restart
- This presents a screen titled Choose an Option, select Troubleshoot
- In the next screen select Advanced Options
- In the next screen select Start-up Settings
- In the next screen click on Restart
Your PC will re-boot and present a screen titled Startup Settings, press F7 (or 7) to disable driver signing enforcement.
When the PC has finished re-booting you will be able to connect the CDC I/O 3216 via the USB port on the rear of the unit to your PC with a suitable USB cable.
- Plug the CDC I/O 3216 into a free USB port on your PC
- Windows will ask for a Driver Disk, point it at the Driver and INF folder that has been unzipped from the IO3216 FPGA Loader App.zip
Run the StageBox Audio Mixer program from the icon installed on your desktop. This should give you a program Window that looks like the one below:
- Note the box in the upper right is GREEN and reporting that the Device is plugged in. If there is any problem this box will be RED.
- Click the Browse button and find the rbf file: IO3216 MegaCOMMS FPGA/FMW-19116-A10 IO3216 MegaCOMMS FPGA/fmw19116a10.rbf that you have downloaded from the link at the beginning of this document
- When the file has loaded, the Program Flash button becomes active. Click this and watch the messages in the Output Terminal window. When the message reaches 100% the the file has bee updated.
- The stage-box will take itself off-line and the box in the upper right will go RED
- Close the program by clicking the Exit Application button
- Finally turn the stage-box OFF and then ON again
You should now have the latest firmware version on the CDC I/O 3216.